I call this time of year gear shifting time :)
Kids go back to school, vacations end, days get shorter, fall is coming, and with that, we all know what is fast approaching next: the Holiday Season! Part of my yearly game plan is to use the time between September and early November to get ahead of my health and wellness goals so that when the holiday food season arrives, I know that I may have some slight damage, but can avoid a big disaster.
Here is how I get ahead from now until early November:
- Commit to a monthly three day cleanse in September, October and in early November.
- No eating or drinking (except water) after 8pm, or 7pm if possible.
- Eat as close to a vegan and lectin-free diet as I can by keeping my pantry and fridge fully stocked with staples (check out our new service, Catalyst Goods, for these items!)
- Do aerobic exercise 3-4 times per week.
- Get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible every night.
- Go on a walk with a friend at least once per week.
I hope some of these tips help you! How do you 'battle' the holiday season temptations?